When I first started, I wanted to do more than just read my Bible, but I struggled to get a more applicable understanding. I soon realized that most Christian books are not practical. They provide "done-for-you advice" or theoretical knowledge. For persons who want to study the Bible themselves, well, we were left out in the cold.
For years I suffered in frustration!
But, you don't have to.
I've compiled three bible study guide books that will help you immediately.
These bible study guide books are different. They give you practical, applicable steps, and guidelines to consider. You can use them today, apply the method, and you'll be wielding your bible study sword by sun-down.
If you need the structure and guidance that bible study methods offer, we've got a winner! This is one of the bible study guide books I'd recommend as a MUST read.
The Book is inexpensive: costing only $15.00 paper back / $9.99 Kindle; and worth every dime, in my opinion. It has just about everything we could ask for.
This is the ideal book for anyone desiring to deepen their study of God's Word and widen their capability to apply it to their own lives. Although it's not a book that you should read through at one go, I read this book from dusk to dawn could not put it down!
Just as the name suggests, a list of methods you can use to study Bible characters, chapters, words, and subjects. It guides you to other tools most of which are available online. If you will get this book and use it to dig into the Bible you will find more profound meaning. There is more under the hood of the Bible than you can imagine!
1. Rick Warren gives you a preview of 12 ways to read and study your Bible and then go into each more in-depth. He makes it easy to follow no matter the stage of life you find yourself in and help you create a momentum of Bible study in your life. It covers the Devotional Method, Chapter Summary Method, Character Quality Method, Thematic Method, Biographical Method, topical Method, the Word Study Method, Book Background Method, Book Survey Method, Chapter Analysis Method, Book Synthesis Method, and Verse By Verse Analysis Method.
2. There's still flexibility in the use of each method. With lots of bible study tools online, you might not need to use the specified tools, but you will get a similar outcome. Biblehub.com- a free online platform - has similar aids as well as the Strong's numbers. So you won't have to break the bank.
3. There will be at least 2 or 3 that will work well for you and your schedule. You can read each method's description in 2 or 3 paragraphs to know which to try first.
My favorite Area: The area I love the most is the helpful appendices. Oh, the golden nugget you find! I have been missing out on a whole lot!
If you feel overwhelmed when reading this Book. Don't be. Just try one method. I think you will find it quite rewarding.
All-in-all, this is one of the bible study guide books that I love, but that's me. You will have to give it a test drive yourself and then give me your thoughts.
What do you have to lose?
I've purchased several bible study guide books over the years. Some, I throw back into the water because they are duds. But this Book is a keeper! And for $12.79, I call that a steal of a deal!
One might say that Bible study Methods is a book for beginners and Living by the Book is for seasoned students. But don't let this deter you.
It should be read by any person that wants to improve their relationship with God. This includes the novice Bible reader and those that are very well-read in the scriptures, preachers included!
For me, this is one of the bible study guide books that's worth it!
1. This Book provides excellent detail on bible reading principles with practice scenarios throughout. If you need help learning to study your Bible, with little to no Biblical training, you will get a lot out of the beginning chapters.
2. The Book is divided into three areas required for thorough bible study: 1) observation 2) interpretation and 3) application. He teaches you to approach bible study as if you were Sherlock Holmes. He demonstrates how focusing on the details can bring out dozens, if not hundreds, of points one small passage can contain.
3. It tells you how to interpret, and provides five keys: content, context, comparison, culture, and consultation, to assist in the process to ensure that we do not misinterpret the scripture.
4. In the application step, Mr. Hendricks offers sounds steps and solid advice, helping us understand our background and community and providing ways to apply biblical truth to change lives
5. Although the Book is not as practical as Rick Warren's, Hendricks does an excellent job explaining each section and then providing guidance and examples on finding the answers. First, he would demonstrate then pause for you to try what he has taught for yourself. I thought that was cool!
But hey, it still over-delivers!
Living by the Book will be a new tool that you can continually go back to when studying. While reading, I came to realize how much I lost in the art of observation.
You will read the Bible differently after reading this Book.
It is a fantastic resource for understanding how to study the Bible using the inductive bible study method. It is very detailed and readable. The information that you carry away has immeasurable value. I think this will be a book that I refer to often, mainly just to keep the procedure crisp in my thoughts as I study.
My Favourite Area: Her supplementary guide called "Discover the bible for Yourself" is a unique workbook. In it, Kay condenses the inductive bible study principles found in this bible study guide book then she journeys with you through each book – beginning with Genesis, helping you study each book of the Bible yourself, with ease.
All three bible study guide books are excellent books for learning all the valuable tools for studying, interpreting and applying the truths in God's Word to transform your life, at any stage.
Make a choice.
Get the book.
You have nothing to lose, and plenty to gain!
Either way, keep up the awesome work in pursuit of a personal relationship with God.